Goals are a very important thing for every living soul. But how do become successful at goal setting?
Well, you are in luck because I am going to tell you just that.
Every human has its own life-goals. Without goals, life is said to be pointless and without direction. In order to achieve something, one has to come up with a plan that will somehow give an overview towards accomplishing it.
We can dream of becoming a better person or to become the wealthiest and successful man on earth. We can even hope to be a good actor, to be a good writer, or even to be a good citizen in our country.
All these will be possible as long as we have plans which will serve as our personal motivation in order to make those dreams turn into reality.
Here are the 5 ways to keep, set and accomplish your life-goals.
- Goals Must Be Specific. We can be any and everything we want to be. However, becoming is a gradual process. It takes some time to be something or even acquire the identity we want for ourselves. That is why goal setting should be clearly specified one at a time. If you want success, you need is a concrete plan that will direct you towards success. Start with a simple and specific plan or a routine that can be worked out daily.
- Goals Must Be Measurable. After you establish a specific goal you want for yourself, make it to a point that what you have set as your goal is likewise measurable. Measuring goals does not come from quantifying the amount of effort you bestowed for your goal. It only means putting up some procedures for you to check the development of your plans. You can do it by comparing your previous record or accomplishment to the present one, be it daily, weekly, monthly or yearly.
- Goals Must Be Attainable. Take note that goals will end up becoming futile if it is not something that is attainable. See to it that when establishing your goals, it has to be workable, doable and attainable.
- Goals Must Be Realistic. In connection with attaining goals, it is important to consider as well that the goals we have in mind should be suitable to our way of life. Setting a goal that is unrealistic will make us suffer from disappointments and frustrations. And it would be useless to create a goal that is not in accord with reality.
- Goals Must Be Timely. After accomplishing all the requirements stated above, an important aspect would be to set a timeframe for your goal. You need to follow and be guided accordingly by the procedures you set out for your goal in order to achieve the end result without any unexpected delays and to avoid deviation from your
Start setting your goals and be inspired as well as motivated to achieve what you desire. Everything is possible and there is no limit to what we can achieve or accomplish. What we need is to start crafting a plan or goals for our future and make this plan a guiding compass in our daily life.
Question: What are your goals? You can leave a comment by clicking here.
Like Free Resources?
Sign up to receive access to my FREE library of business & blog resources and printables. Plus get access to my FREE community of brilliant bosses just like you! There is no negativity, just support and encouragement!