Overwhelm is one of the most exhausting experiences we encounter especially at work. Sometimes, we have trouble attending all our prior commitments, various meeting schedules, and pressing deadlines.
I understand because I have a 24/7 worth ethic. But, I am going to share what my approach is to deal with this daily struggle.
This is because we are bombarded with so many things to do and we are given only a short amount of time to accomplish everything. So, if you wish to know how to manage your time and work efficiently without experiencing any burnout or stress, here are the 5 tips regarding what to do when you have too much to do.
- Stop Accepting Additional Work on Your List. You have to know how to stop receiving or accepting any additional job or work especially when your “to-do” list is already preoccupied or fully-booked. Saying “No” to the additional tasks will help you focus on things one at a time. It will likewise make you more efficient so that you can come up with an output that has a high quality.
- Start With Work That has a Greater Value. When your hands are already full and seemingly you cannot unload any of these burdens, the most important thing you need to consider is to weigh things properly. Weigh which tasks have a greater value or necessitates urgent responses and start working it out. In this way, you can minimize roadblocks and be able to manage your time properly.
- Enjoy the Present Moment. Whatever things you are doing or that which you need to accomplish, you need to remind yourself to be always thankful and keeping your focus in the present moment. Keeping your mind in the present moment will help you relax and direct your attention fully to what is at hand without any distractions.
- Prioritize Your Time. When things are getting almost full on your table, sort those tasks which you can do in a short period of time, and those projects which requires a longer time for it to accomplish. Your time is precious. So these tasks sorting out will help you not to procrastinate things and to avoid as well any unexpected delays.
- Boost Your Passion and Enthusiasm. Working without passion and enthusiasm will only bring you to enormous frustrations, burn out, and exhaustion. You will end complaining and stop enjoying the task that you need to accomplish the job properly and efficiently. That is why it is advisable to be passionate and be excited about your work and those things that go in it. Remind yourself how your work matters and keep on re-living the joy and spirit that is in you when you work.
Now, if you want to be productive at work or even at home and to stop dwelling your mind on too many things, you need to remind yourself about the tips mentioned above. Life should be enjoyed and time should not be wasted. Start managing your time, so you can get the life that you deserve.
Question: Do you have tips on what to do when you have so many tasks to do? You can leave a comment by clicking here.
Like Free Resources?
Sign up to receive access to my FREE library of business & blog resources and printables. Plus get access to my FREE community of brilliant bosses just like you! There is no negativity, just support and encouragement!