Want to learn how become a better a leader, start a business, and/or cultivate your passions? Good. Because that is what I help people with around here.
Hi, my name is Dorian McKinney. I am so glad you’re here! Launched in 2016 as a community for creative entrepreneurs, bloggers and small biz rockstars, this blog is for those needing the extra pep in their step to start doing what matters. Business doesn’t have to be boring. It can be fun and bring you so much joy!
I #believe in entrepreneurs. I’ve always believed that if you can imagine it, you can create it. I love challenging people to embrace their creativity by showing them how to grow passion-fueled blogs and businesses. With that being said, I’m up for the challenge. I will show you how I create my professional blog from scratch and which steps I take to grow an awesome community.
Have you ever found yourself asking:
- How do I start a business?
- How do I find the right tools to help me achieve my goals?
- Who do I need to be listening to and connecting with?
- How do I build my business strategy?
- What do I do next?
These are all questions I answer here. So think of me as your mentor and this site as a laboratory, or a workshop where you’ll learn things that you can do right now to help you grow. Now, I do NOT profess to know everything. I consider myself a work in process. That is probably because I am always learning. Yes, I make mistakes. So do you.
I want to motivate you to build a successful blog and/or business. I created this site as a powerful business resource providing educational, actionable, inspiring tips, ideas, and information to entrepreneurs, both on the blog and via my newsletter. My articles will be packed with rich, valuable content designed to help you live your best life at home and work.
I know each and every one of you, reading this, have at one time or another thought about becoming or are currently an entrepreneur. However, the lack of training and/or support systems are the biggest factors holding you and your business back.
Through in-depth articles, interviews with successful entrepreneurs and more, I strive to deliver invaluable content that empowers, encourages, inspires and motivates you to be your very best both in business and in life.
Join me on my journey!
My intention is to help you discover your full potential and provide the tools you need to focus on what matters.
Below are some of the topics I will write about:
I typically will post three times a week, occasionally more. To make sure you don’t miss my newest posts, you can subscribe via e-mail. It’s quick, easy, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
- Blur the edges of your profession. Dabbling in adjacent fields can only deepen your understanding and enrich your work. Doing so many different things that you no longer know what to call yourself is a good thing.
- Go with your gut. Intuition speaks volumes. Listen to it. It is their for a reason. Focus on doing the next step and what feels right. You don’t have to plan everything.
- We are all powerful beyond measure. You are ENOUGH. You are so enough, it’s unbelievable how enough you are.
- Ask questions. Always stay learning and ask why? Even if it becomes hard, you still need ask questions to learn from it.
- Do what matters.
Born and raised in Memphis, Tennessee, I am a servant leader, entrepreneur, optimist, puzzle-seeker, lifelong learner and business strategist. I have worked in Corporate America for the past 10 years in a variety of capacities with several fortune 500 companies .
I graduated from the University of Tennessee with a BSBA in Marketing. Additionally, I hold an MBA in Management and Master of Science Degree in Accounting from Strayer University.
Despite the success in my career my greatest joys are spending time with my family and friends as well as helping inspire and educate others on how to succeed with their own entrepreneurial careers. When not busy reading, hosting dinner parties or traveling, I am hanging out here on DorianMcKinney.com sharing everything I know about building strong, successful businesses.
If you’ve made it this far, thank you for being interested in my story and background. If it makes sense for you, consider subscribing to receive my writing on authentic leadership and so much more.
I want to be available to you as much as I can. Sometimes life gets crazy and it takes me some time to respond, but I do my best to respond in a timely manner. Here are the best ways to reach me:
- Blog Comments – I really appreciate when you comment on my posts, and I do my best to respond to all of them. Let me know your thoughts on my posts and how I can best help you.
- Email – Email is almost old school with today’s tech. But nonetheless it is very reliable, and almost everyone has an email address. Send me an email and let’s have a conversation.
- Twitter – Twitter is where I hang out and post every great piece of content I come across will be posted. Follow me @doriankmckinney then send me @mention or reply.
- Facebook – One-billion plus users strong. “Everybody and their mamma” is on Facebook, literally. I respond to your comments and mentions on my Facebook Page. LIKE my Page and let’s start a conversation!
- Instagram – My favorite…I really like Instagram! Quick, easy, and to the point. Follow me @doriankmckinney then send me @mention or direct message.
I Look Forward to Hearing From You!
This is my personal blog. The opinions I express here do not necessarily represent those of any employer, company, or organization that I am affiliated with. The information I provide is on an as-is basis. I make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this blog and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its use.
Like Free Resources?
Sign up to receive access to my FREE library of business & blog resources and printables. Plus get access to my FREE community of brilliant bosses just like you! There is no negativity, just support and encouragement!