Too often I find myself being asked to do things. Many of those things I don’t want to do, but I end up doing them any way. I should just say no. I constantly have to remind myself that No is a complete sentence. If this resonates, this is just for you!
It is probably the most powerful word in the English language.
To live an authentic life, I have to stand in my truth and just say how I feel. Saying no is vital to my happiness and I cannot put anyone else before me.
DON’T FORGET IT : PIN IT!
In an effort to help with this, I have come up with 50 ways to say no. Tell me what you think.
- Hell No!
- It’s not working for me!
- I won’t be able to do that!
- I’m not feeling that!
- I don’t plan on it!
- I’ll think about it!
- I have no intention of doing that!
- I’m unavailable!
- I have plans.
- I’m not interested!
- Right now is not good for me.
- It’s not on my list.
- Absolutely not!
- I’m don’t have time.
- I’m not good at that.
- Been there, done that!
- I’ll let you know when I am ready to do that.
- Let me check my schedule and get back to you.
- Can I get a rain check?
- I am doing me right now and I can’t.
- I have so many other things going on at this time.
- I’ll have to see.
- I’ll see if I can get a babysitter.
- I’m sure you can find someone more qualified.
- It’s tempting but I will pass.
- I can’t make that promise.
- It’s so last-minute, but thanks for thinking of me.
- I wish I could but I can’t.
- This is a really hectic time for me and I can’t.
- Maybe next time.
- I need to focus more on my personal life.
- I have no experience in that.
- I can’t commit to this at this time.
- Now is not a good time.
- I need more information.
- Not gonna do it!
- Ain’t gonna happen!
- Not today. I have a headache.
- No, but thanks for the invitation.
- I’m not in a position to…
- I decline.
- I’d love to help, but I’m overextended.
- I can’t afford that.
- I’m sorry, I can’t.
- I’m not broke, but I can’t lend anything.
- My plate is full. Maybe someone else would be better at it.
- I’m so sorry. I’ve already committed to another event.
- I have another commitment.
- Some things have come up that need my attention. I hope you understand.
I hope that these are helpful to you as they are to me. I will be printing this and posting this somewhere I can remember for easy use. I may need to put it in my wallet and carry it with me. Feel free to add any “expletive/sentence enhancers” to get your point across.
And again the next time you need to turn down, refuse, not accommodate or disappoint, “No” is a complete sentence. Use it sometime.
Question: What is your favorite way to say no? You can leave a comment by clicking here.
Like Free Resources?
Sign up to receive access to my FREE library of business & blog resources and printables. Plus get access to my FREE community of brilliant bosses just like you! There is no negativity, just support and encouragement!