If you follow me on social media, you know I love sharing quotes from all kinds of people who inspire and motivate me on the daily. These words of wisdom from those who have come before me guide me beyond my rough spots and put me back on the right path when I need it.
So today, I thought I would share just a sampling of the #blackgirlmagic that is out there.
- “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear.” – Rosa Parks
- “Fear is a disease that eats away at logic and makes man inhuman.” – Marian Anderson
- “Whatever you fear most has no power – it is your fear that has the power. The thing itself cannot touch you. But if you allow your fear to seep into your mind and overtake your thoughts, it will rob you of your life.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Courage is the most important of all the virtues, because without courage you can’t practice any other virtue consistently. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage.” – Maya Angelou
- “When I dare to be powerful – to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid.” – Audre Lorde
- “Success doesn’t come to you…you go to it.” – Marva Collins
- “Ask for what you want and be prepared to get it.” – Maya Angelou
- “I always wanted to be somebody. If I made it, it’s half because I was game enough to take a lot of punishment along the way and half because there were a lot of people who cared enough to help me.” – Althea Gibson
- “It isn’t where you come from; it’s where you’re going that counts.” – Ella Fitzgerald
- “You are the designer of your destiny; you are the author of your story.” — Lisa Nichols
- “Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion: The potential for greatness lives within each of us.” – Wilma Rudolph
- “If you want wealth, be wealth. Talk it. Think it. Prepare yourself to have it.” – Iyanla Vanzant
- “You’re not obligated to win. You’re obligated to keep trying to do the best you can every day.” – Marian Wright Edelman
- “‘I can’t’ are two words that have never been in my vocabulary. I believe in me more than anything in this world.” – Wilma Rudolph
- “The triumph can’t be had without the struggle.” – Wilma Rudolph
- “You are on the eve of a complete victory. You can’t go wrong. The world is behind you.” – Josephine Baker
- “It’s time for you to move, realizing that the thing you are seeking is also seeking you.” – Iyanla Vanzant
- “There’s always something to suggest that you’ll never be who you wanted to be. Your choice is to take it or keep on moving.” – Phylicia Rashad
- ”Living in the moment means letting go of the past and not waiting for the future. It means living your life consciously, aware that each moment you breathe is a gift.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Take responsibility for yourself because no one’s going to take responsibility for you. I’m not a victim. I grow from this and I learn.” – Tyra Banks
- “If you don’t understand yourself you don’t understand anybody else.” – Nikki Giovanni
- “I think there are things for all of us to do as long as we’re here and we’re healthy.” – Gwendolyn Brooks
- “Trust yourself. Think for yourself. Act for yourself. Speak for yourself. Be yourself. Imitation is suicide.” – Marva Collins
- “It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it.” – Lena Horne
- “You deserve to be happy, you deserve to be joyful, you deserve to be celebrated. But in order to do that you must first fall madly in love with yourself.” – Lisa Nichols
I hope that you enjoyed these quotes and that they can motivate you when you need it.
Question: What quotes have inspired you the most? You can leave a comment by clicking here.
Like Free Resources?
Sign up to receive access to my FREE library of business & blog resources and printables. Plus get access to my FREE community of brilliant bosses just like you! There is no negativity, just support and encouragement!